A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Saturday, April 24, 2004

A poem called Dreaming Sea



Dreaming foaming waves of the sea,
You are forever moving to and fro,
Never staying for long.

My lips kiss salt.

To the sea I trekked, to see eternity,
As it washes over alabaster sand
In guise of the determined tide.

My footprints fade.

Where are you, man-o-war? Lurking under white caps?
Will your sting be my death, agonizing and extended?
Or shall you float away nonchalantly?

My heart stings.

Upon the sand I sit, a dreaming starfish cracked.
My feet cut by the shards of mosaic shells,
The dividers of ocean and sand.

My eyes drip salt.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~


I was thinking how very "Sherrie" this poem is.
People ask where do my images come from, as with any writer or poet, I draw from what I know.

I know the sea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home