A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Friday, November 12, 2004

"If you live your life out of memory, you live out of your history. That's what once was. If you live out of your imagination, you live out of your potential. That's what can be."
- Author Unknown -

This speaks to me. I am reminded of Allen and how he could never get beyond his past. He spent all his time talking of his glory days, reveling in the old feelings of happiness he felt during them--mainly about sports and his old prestigious jobs (he lost them due to his drinking) and when he wasn't on the high he got from telling those stories, he was mourning his mistakes and the things that went on at his house--a hint...His father was like the Great Santini...I'm sure most of you have seen that movie.

I could never get him to see beyond his past.

And me... Well, I live out of my imagination. I revisit my past often but I don't live there... Its more like being on the outside looking into it. I take a sip of it once in a while but I don't make the past my nourishment.

Instead I wonder what could be and go from there... Its why I am a poet and why I can bring words to life so that you can touch them, taste them on your tongue and feel them face on your fall like snow flakes or a soft summer salty breeze.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Peanut Road said…

    I suspect that a lot of my memories come from my imagination...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home