A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Mr. Horne

He was one of my 7 th and 8th grade treachers. History was his forte. We loved him because he was fun without being too lax and made learning a pleasure. He came to the studio today to drop off some restoration work. He found some old tin-type prints of his grandparents. I heard his voice before I saw him. He told Dad that he was told the we were the place that could perform miracles on photos.

I thought, "That sounds like Mr. Horne." So I hustled to the front desk and sure enough it was. I asked if he remembered me. He gave me a big hug and said he did. Then asked about my sister and brother. We chatted for a min. Then he turned to Dad and said, "This young lady was one of my brightest students."

Dad smiled and said, "Sir, she's the one who does the miracles around here."

I was surprised Dad said that because he doesn't like to give anyone credit. His ego usually gets ruffled when someone praises my work over his...even though its totally different from what he does.

Mr. Horne told Dad that he wasn't surprised that I did such good work, because I was a dedicated student and everything I did in school was always above average.

Hearing him say those nice things about me made me feel young and also...made me feel proud to think of the thousands of students he taught over the years that I was one of those that he remembered so fondly.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home