A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Some Sher Bits



~Cell phones! Yesterday was a busy day for me. I had several people in for restoration consultations. Plus I had to mind the front while Dad went to Fayetteville to the photo supply store. Of the four people that I dealt with for a long period of time, three got cell phone calls and took them! From their end of the conversation, it was trivial bullshit. I'm sitting at the desk, rocking the chair so it would squeak--my way of trying to pull their attention back to the task at hand, and I'm sending mental waves to interfere with their reception. I wanted to say "I've no time for this. I've got photographs to retouch and print. Get off the #&%$#&!!#$# phone."

~Cell phones! But on the other hand...
This morning I was exceeding the speed limit by 15 miles. I needed to get to the frame shop, the post office and a gas station, before work and I was running late. A Sheriffs Deputy passed me. I've learned not to slam on brakes and cause the front end to dip, which only screams quilty...instead I ease off the gas. But... the guy was on his cell phone yakking... if he had glanced at his radar he would have turned around on a dime and nailed me. Yay for Cell phones.

~I wish there was some way to capture a 'great joke' moment. You know, those times when you let off a great comeback line or pun and the person misses it. Like today, a guy friend of mine told me he hurt his back while working out at the gym. I said, "Well, you better back off from exercise for a while." Nothing from him...not even a smile. I'm thinking he'll get it next week. Or Not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home