A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Friday, December 23, 2005

Happy Holidays



These past few weeks have been hectic at work and home. Holidays shouldn't be so much work, but that's commericalization for ya. I haven't had time to really enjoy the preparations for Christmas this year...it's the first year I've missed Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman on television. Plus I haven't seen one single "A Christmas Carol" clone or the "Christmas Story" movie. What's up with that?

This is going to sound loony but I can't sleep until I've heard The Back Street Boys Greatest Hits CD. I listen to 5 songs ...and they have to be in a certain order. I'm not telling what order... some things I'm keeping to myself.

The nephews saw Santa Wednesday. They took a photo with him and were perfect little boys. I gave them a dollar and they went to the dollar store and bought a cheap toy. Ben got a motorcycle...William got a police gun and handcuffs. The handcuffs are hard to get off. I made the mistake of letting him cuff me the other morning. I challenged him to a 'quick draw' contest and he misunderstood me. When I counted up to 3, I pulled my make-believe finger gun and shot him, but he was drawing pictures in the air with his finger. Gave "Quick Draw" a new meaning.

Ben calls mustard "butter" and I've been tricking him into drinking his milk by telling him Santa's watching. Once Xmas is over, I'll have to come up with a new method.

Have some changes in store for the 06 issues of Carolina Potpourri. Hopefully by next Friday, the issue will be ready.

All my presents are wrapped and some of my gifts have been sent to friends or given out by hand. Mainly my goodies tins--full of fudge, cookies and other goodies. Those are always met with enthusiasm.

My wish for all my readers is to have a happy holiday and a Merry New Year. Maybe in 2006, we'll all experience miracles and wonders that make life worth it all.

Love to everyone, even those readers that are lurking in the shadows.

~S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home