A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

March First

...

And no.. my magazine issue isn't ready... I've barely begun!!! It's terrible but I partly forgot to work on it. Life's been so busy lately...with work (which has improved greatly) and with love...going to see Allen every weekend. I used to use Sunday as my catch up day for things like the magazine or writing, but not anymore. I guess I'll have to readjust my 'online time' for another day.

It's sunny today...mild weather. And the first of the month drivers are out in full force--the retired and elderly who get their checks and do their errands within a 5 day window...so be careful out there...they don't drive all that great. Believe me, I've had two to almost hit the back of my truck. I moved it to an inaccessible spot... I hope I can get out! At least they aren't getting to it.

Took in a bunch of orders and still have no scanner or printer... I need to make a decision and get them ordered. That's on my agenda for tonight.

I didnt' watch Survivor last week. What's up with that??? I really thought I still wanted to live in Jeff Probst's right dimple and vacation in his left one! I guess the allure has faded. But it's like that every other season. I find my attention wans a bit. Just can't seem to get into the players this time. None really make me say "Wow...I like that person's style.'

Been watching a lot of ACC basketball... GO DUKE! and Home improvement shows like "Flip this House." They're really interesting. I think I may have to do some things to mine this summer, to improve its "Curve appeal." I really dig the Tuscany look. Rich colors appeal to me.

Saturday night, Al and I had some dinner guests over, His cousin Dennis and his girlfriend Christine. It was really fun. I did all the prep work for the meal and Al cooked it. Blackened catfish, Octopus Fritters...yes Octopus, which was surprisingly good, blue cheese cole slaw and honey/bacon baked beans. I naturally was assigned cleanup duty. Christine watched while the guys sat on the couch, talking sports. I looked over at them and when I saw they were involved in a heated conversation, I realized that it was safe for Christine and I to plot dominion over the universe. Yep...that's right... The age of Man will soon be over... Make way for the Age of the Goddesses!

I suggest you guys be nice to us women...if you want to be one of our love slaves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home