A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Sunday, April 25, 2004

Day Moon



I see you, Day Moon, white lost in blue
As the afternoon sun burns clouds in the sky.
Do you see me, looking up at you,
Wearing a sheer cotton dress of pale butter?
Or am I lost in the midst of spring blooms?

Daylight was born in a peach of light,
Spreading glow across the tops of the distant hills.
I traveled far by night, following the blaze of Venus.
I saw you, slipping away to hid from dawn.
Yet, hours later, you returned to frighten the sun.

I love you, Day Moon. See me, know me,
For the night has left us both to face the day.
We are lost souls—souls that know darkness
And seek the shelter of shadows and mist.
We dance with the fears of humanity.

Oh moon of daytime, my husband of stone,
Seek the warm of my shadows, of my secret pathway.
Claim the rites that many men fail to discover,
For you are the heart that beats inside me,
The breath that passes over my lips as I sigh.

It is now the afternoon and shadows draw out shadows.
Listen to my song, Day Moon, for I fear that you will falter,
And be lured by the glimmer of nighttime stars.
I can not compete with their brilliance,
My sheer dress will not cloak their light with me.

Your round face is a mist of white moving in the indigo night,
As the last morsel of dusk is gobbled up by the return of Venus.
My love, my heart, my Day Moon, I see you change by night,
As the stars steal you away for the evening show of grandeur.
I will travel until you find me again, in afternoon delight.


~ ~ ~*~ ~ ~

I see the moon during the day and imagine it is my lover,
the one whose heart beats because of my kiss,
looking down at me...and I know the real meaning of erotic heat... when I feel the intensity of the moon's rare stare in daytime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home