A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Today so Far

Last night I was in bed by 9! William spent the night. We watched the new Scooby Doo movie... groovie cooltopia! We read a book and then he went to sleep at 8. I read for a while and felt my eyes getting heavy, so I figured I would take a short nap...

Slept to 4 am.. stayed awake for about 20 mins and fell asleep until 8. Had to take my brother to see our Opthalmalogist Dr. Masters. He's got glaucoma and had to get more meds for it. Let me tell you the office women love him. "Hi Johnny... How are you Johnny? Hey Donna, Johnny's here." He's Mr Complimentary Man. "You look nice today. How do you get your hair so shiny? ...or "Green looks nice on you today. I'm envious." After about 5 mins of compliments, the ladies say, "Oh, Hi Sherrie" After the appointment he walks out of the office with a bag of samples...lol... flattery does get you places or at least medical samples.

While he was at the doc office, I went over to Walmart-ville. Needed a few things and goofed off in the book section. Sometimes I can find a good short story collection. I'm looking at a collection of Christian books that are displayed in the center of the aisle. I figured I might find something for my Granny for Christmas. I looked up and there above the top of the poster were a pair of the lightest blue eyes staring at me, topped off with a tuff of wild blonde hair. I stared up at them for a moment, looking over my glasses at the eyes. Then one of the blue eyes winked and then they disappeared. I didn't get a look at who the eyes belonged too. A mystery that I really don't care to solve. Sometimes, it's best to enjoy the moment.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home