A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Semi-Precious Love





Should the moon fall from the sky
and shatter into a million pieces,
would I find you there
in the opals and sapphire stones
that make up the moon's soul?

Or will I find you in the diamond
that hides in the heart of stars?
Or the pearls that cling to sea foam?
Maybe you are the rubies that
gives the center of the earth its fire.

I have searched the earth for you;
in the red clay and granite of gray,
in the pine and oak silent in winter.
But you are always a step away,
fingers reaching to brush your back.

One day the world will stop,
frozen time the icicle of eternity.
I shall be prepared for this moment,
because when the world ceases movement
so will you, my semi-precious love.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Working away on a photograph, the first two lines came to me. As I continued to work, I found myself writing this poem in my head. So I stopped and came here to finish it. A poem that wrote me instead of me writing it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home