A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Do Not Be Afraid



Do not be afraid of my lips,
dewy pink-purple grapes
bursting on vines.
They are just lips,
nothing potent or poisonous.
Slightly intoxicating? Yes.
Watch them form
the sound of your name,
the dripping wine of passion
of desire and even love.
My chalice flows.
In fear you may strike the cup,
spilling the wild fruits of love.
The labor of squeezing each drop
pain-stakingly between ivory thighs
will be for naught.
Do not be afraid, my tall dark one
of my breath filling the folds of your lips.
It is just a kiss, simple as satin on skin;
my lips on yours.

~ ~ ~
Sometimes the deadliest thing in life...is that first kiss...and the fall that follows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home