A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Proms and Wind

Today is our biggest Prom night of the year. L'ton Senior High. I expect over 50 couples this year. We're starting at 4 and it will go on until after 8. Dad's out of town photographing a wedding in High Point and won't be back until after 7. So I'm in charge of the whole thing... our part-time photographer is taking the pictures. I guess this is a big test for me to see what it would be like not to have Dad around, during these big shoots. I actually believe that the way I plan to do it tonight (as far as logging their names in, taking their money and keeping them in order goes) will work better than his usual way.

So I'm here alone, printing order forms, etc. Taking time to sip some coffee and working things out in my mind. Also have some very nervous parents calling to make sure I look out for their kids. Mainly its the 'first time prommers.' So I'm soothing them with my usual Sherrieness.

Its been a busy week for me. Rainy and gray part of the time...windy the rest. Thought I was going to get blown away a few times.

Things are ok. Nephews are growing too fast. William is chest high now. Ben's getting taller. Today he told me he was a big boy with muscles and showed me his elbow. lol... I figured his ego would be crushed if I corrected him...so for now...his muscle is his elbow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home