A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Friday, October 21, 2005

TGIF

A long week!

Had to update to digital cable. Couldn't get HBO without it and I have to catch the last season of the Sopranos.

Been watching Rome. Gotta hand it to Attia...when she gives a gift she gives a gift! Why can't any of my girlfriends send over a male slave with a big pecker all tied nicely with gold ribbon??? The only thing I don't like about the Rome series is how they portray time. It's set over 8 yrs and they briefly mention passing of time, yet as you watch the series you don't see it...like Casear mating with Cleopatra... there was sex and then a baby. If time is flying why isn't Naobe's child growing or Octavia aging. That's the only complaint I have about it.

As for Survivor... Judd and Maragret...what a catfight! Judd had the balls to interrupt Jeff Probst during Tribal Counsel. I don't like neither of them...if they're smart, they'll dump Judd soon.

CSI... last night's episode made me cry. I love how they've made the series fresh this season with the presentation of the cases. The way Nick wouldn't give up on finding that little girl alive, touched me. The actor who plays him can turn on the tears when he needs to in such a way that is believable and touching. He's become my favorite.

William and Ben are doing great. Gearing up for Halloween. Sunday's my birthday and William keeps reminding me that we're having a party Sat (grilling chicken). Ben hopes I get a pink Power Ranger so we can play. Sat pm going out with the girls and on Sunday having dinner with Lisa and the boys.... a busy weekend indeed.

As for other areas of my life, things are status quo. Work is about the same. Family doing ok, except my Granny. She's falling a bit healthwise. I'm faced with the reality that she's 80 and time is slipping away.

In the romance arena, the guy I've been seeing has been deployed for a few months. I thought I wouldn't miss him but I do. Which sort fo scares me. I don't want to be one of those women, waiting for the inevitable bad news instead of living life to the fullest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home