A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Monday, November 14, 2005

Monday is Funday



That's what the guy on the radio said. We'll see, right?

Let's see...what's been happening here...

Friday night, I babysat the nephews. We watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory twice. One time all the way through. The second time starting when the kids and their parents get to the factory. The boys loved it. After the second showing, we checked out the bonus DVD. It had some games, which I couldn't do. But the best part... Deep Roy..the guy who played all the oompa loompas, teaches you how to dance like one. We danced and danced. Sat morning, we danced some more, fastwarded the movie to the oompa loompa songs...and... you guessed it..danced some more.

I had to work Sat, so I dropped the boys off and had a slooow day. Left early and stopped by to see my beautician. I had a photo of her that was taken by Dad at a Chamber of Commerce affair. A word of advice--don't stop by a barber or a beauty shop when you're having a bad hair day. I ended up losing 4 inches of hair. Now it's a perky length, shoulder length. I confess it's easier to manage..wash and finger style for that sexy bedroom hair look that only sexy women can pull off. ..

Saturday night, some friends and I went dancing at a new club. It was one of those places where everyone was on the dance floor, with or without partners. So me and the girls were getting down to the funky sounds when I realized that I kept unconsciously dancing like an oompa loompa...the funny part was a GI who was dancing by me.. he yelled "oompa loompa" and gave me a high five. But all in all, it was fun. We left early though, it got too crowded to dance without rubbing up against strange men. I don't mind the rubbing ... it's who I'm rubbing against!!!

My Sunday was quiet. Didn't do much. Watched "Rome" and "Curb"... on Hbo.

Today...when I got to work I had an ornery old geezer in here first thing. He wanted a copy made of an old photo... he's what I call an "echo talker--someone who makes one syllable sound like two" (patent pending). I kept asking him to repeat himself. I thought he said his name was 'Johnny R (r-rah) colton'. He saw me writing it down and said, "That's not right. I'm not a johnny-ee." He paid with a check and I saw he was right.. and I was wrong on all parts..his name is John L. Cole.


Hey, maybe it is fun day

4 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Sherrie said…

    Hey Earl,

    Never know what you'll learn and where you'll learn it at! :)

    We have some modern things, like running water, indoor plumbing and bingo. We're working on frivolous stuff like forks and paper napkins and tater tots.

    I'm glad we got the club though. It gets old going to KKK meetings every Saturday.

    (Before the hate pours in...I'm kidding)

    :)

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Sherrie said…

    Earl, I think you've gotten NC confused with SC. Everyone's kin to each other in SC...that's why they have problems with circular drives...they keep going round and round til they run out of gas..

    lol

    John G... you know the saying 'closer the kin...deeper it goes in'... if not, I'll teach you.

    :D

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Sherrie said…

    lol..can't wait for Thursday.

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Sherrie said…

    where's the snooty old fart?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home