A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Thursday

.............all day long at that!

And its Survivor night... and CSI and Without a Trace.

I'm thinking Eliza or Julie will get the boot and Brady will get the boot if the guys lose.
My theory and I'm sticking to it.

I don't watch many regular TV shows. Survivor, CSI, sometimes Without a Trace and...Reno 911.
And now another show I've discovered Nip Tuck.

Since I am printing orders and have a few mins to spare and there isn't much else on my mind, I'll write why I like each.

Survivor--Jeff Probst. He's soo smarmy and handsome. Those dimples --I'll say it again..."I want to live in one and vacation in the other." It's a reality show I know. Many people make fun of reality tv and to be honest I do too. But after all this time, Survivor hasn't lost its edge. I was worried after the all-star's season because I felt the 'pros' playing the game were not pros at all, making stupid choices and letting the Rob-Amber unit run the show. But as usual, Mark B has thrown some curves to put Survivor back on my chart of tops. Thank You Mark ...and thank you Jeff Probst for being so hot. lol

CSI--I'm a detective at heart. And a fan of gore! Oh baby, I love a mystery. CSI takes a case or two an episode and makes them so interesting. There are a bunch of cool characters to. Grissom, the mysterious head of CSI. Brass, the chief of police whose wit is as sharp as his shooting. Warwick with his sexy green eyes and a gambling addict who manages to keep on top of his addiction, Catherine--ex-exotic dancer and second in command, who has fought to be a career woman and mother. Nick, the cool one. Sara, who has to struggle with the attraction she and Grissom have. Then there is the Lab Guy...Greg. His hair over the seasons has gone through some interesting changes. Though the show at times pushes the envelope with the gore, it is still entertaining and a challenge to figure out. There's enough character exchange in each episode as not to take away from the story line...leaving just enough to whet your appetite.

Without a Trace--this one's on the bottom of my list. It has its moments and to be honest, I don't watch all the episodes. I usually practice my mystic belly dance if the show isn't interesting.

Reno-911--This show is all improv! A play-off on the Cops show. These guys are so funny. According to the creators (my source the commentaries on the first season DVD) they don't script it. They make up a scene and then get into character and play off each other. Now that takes great talent.

Nip Tuck--I've only seen a few episodes (I've been watching the first season on DVD and plan to catch season 2 re-runs). Its disturbing, full of sex and carnalness, moral decisions made wrongly and thus payment is very harsh. They push the envelope and I love it. Bold, crisp and definitely a show you won't forget right away. My favorite character is Christian-- he's a whore dog but and oh so sexy. I won't go into the explicitness of what I could do to him... lol

Well, I've succeeded in filling the time as I print...now back to retouching


1 Comments:

  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    As for Survivor, as long as Leann lasts, I'll be smiling... I'm not usually into skinny girls, but something about her face and smile, I don't know... tho Ami is cute too... just please, please get rid of Rory already - if he starts moaning and bitching tonight I won't be able to stand it, hehe... and now becoming a CSI fan, just this week, as I've been hooked on the reruns every night on Spike TV, you know where I'll be after Survivor... only thing sucks is, I have to miss Spike's 8pm CSI to catch Survivor... that is cool about Reno911 being done improv like that, I think that would be fun to do, as a comedian... I love that show... guess I have to give Without A Trace a try too :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home