A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Yesterday I walked over to the post office at 4 and it was social hour. I saw the most people that knew me... some I couldn't remember their names but strangely I remembered their photos orders. There was a prayer service in the line to the window. Praying for America. I prayed the line would move faster. lol

As I was crossing the street from the post office heading back with my bundles of mail...why can't I ever get male... my ex-boyfriend Allen's dad drove by. He waved!!!!!! I almost dropped my mail. I bet he thought I looked familiar and waved... it will hit him hours later that it was me. I can hear him now..."I saw that Parnell girl that dated Allen David all those years..the one I warned that he wouldn't amount to anything. The one that didn't listen..." I think that's why I stayed with Al all those years...he needed someone...his father is harsh--an ex-Air Force General. He ran a house like the Great Santini... you know that movie I'm sure....its sad I think.

The events in our life that shape us and continue to do so... Sherrie's philosophical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home