A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Soup, Frosty and Slippers

When I got home, Mom was here with William. They were working on the tree I still haven't finished. He asked to stay tonight and I said he could but only if his mom said it was ok. So we called her and she gave us the green light. Mom left, which I was glad about. She spends more time telling what I need to do than she should. I bite my tongue alot, because its better to let her ramble on than to start an argument.

William has some new slippers which crack me up. They're huge--made to look like sneakers with one of the characters from the Incredibles. I took a picture tonight. Once I reload the hello program I'll post it. Guess who had to get her slippers? Yep...me!

I made soup tonight.. a thai recipe I found. Wasn't too bad. William helped me stir it. He would take the spoon and say, "Eat it, Aunt Sherrie." I would pretend to and then run over to the sink and pretend to drink water. lol.. silly game but he loved it.

While Will and I were cooking, he sang Christmas songs and killed Frosty the Snowman. "Frosty the snowman was a holly bally pole, with a pork chop ice and a glutton nose and two pipes made out of go." lol... I can't remember the rest of it.

While we ate supper, he pretended to cast spells on me with his Harry Potter wand. I think we forgot to reverse the last one, which turned me into a spider on roller skates.

After supper he got a bath and we played some games on the computer. I was playing a Toy Story 2 checkers game while he observed and gave a commentary about it. It was almost over and I was losing because I listened to his commentary more than I watched my opponent (Bullseye of all 'people')...and William took my free hand and said, "You're doing a good job, Aunt Sherrie. I'm proud of you." Something I do with him all the time. Encourage him, because that's something we all need I think. It warmed my heart--hearing him give me the same sincere encouragement. It's moments like these I wouldn't trade for a million dollars, because I couldn't be any wealthier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home