A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Monday, December 06, 2004

Scroogette

I think I'm Scroogette this year. No Christmas spirit. My mother and brother have commented on it, because the Christmas tree has been up since the day after Thanksgiving and it has a fourth of the ornaments on it ...and that's due to Mom and the boys. Wait... I did put 3 ornaments on it last Friday. There are still two huge plastic storage boxes full of stuff that I haven't touched. Mom and her John put lights up outside and I haven't gone out to look.

If you've known me for years, then you'll know my nickname around Christmas time is Sherrie Claus or the Present Fairy, because I get excited. I make a Santa list. Wrap my presents as I buy them and then walk around singing, "I got YOU a pres-sent...and I KNOW what it is-ss.." which drives my brother batty. He says, "Of course you know what is it. YOU bought it." I always give the same reply, "So what's your point!"

Maybe I'll get a visit from the three Christmas goats...


1 Comments:

  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Sherrie said…

    uhmmm...that should be Ghosts... not goats. Though it would be okay if they were goats. I've got those bales of hay that the scarecrow sat on...that need something done with.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home