A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Snowman

Build me a snowman
with a carrot nose
and a large felt hat.

I'll poke holes
in his empty head and
force a smile on his face.

When he's nice and round,
I'll call him my lover.
As passion flames,

I'll lose him in
the heat of the moment
and not in the cold of night.

~ ~ ~ ~
Tongue-in-cheek poem from the afore mentioned journal.
I laughed after I wrote it, because as I wrote I was unaware of the double meanings. The meanings didn't strike me until I finished the sketch that went with it...and read the poem.
How my muse loves to play her tricks.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Peanut Road said…

    Tongue in cheek though it may be, this is a fabulous bit of poetry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home