A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Tooth Fairy

Well, William's first tooth came out Monday at school. According to the note from his teacher, he was a big boy when he lost it at lunch. When I came in from work that night, mom was there with him, Ben and my brother. They were all eating supper.

William told me he had important news. Then gave a long ramble about losing his tooth and how the tooth fairy was going to come visit him and get it that night. Mom told me to ask him how much she was going to leave him. I did.. his answer...

$20.

I had to laugh. Christopher, my 5 yr-old boyfriend lost his first tooth in Dec and according to him he got a whomping $2.25.

So I informed William that the going rate for tooth fairy visits was $2.25.

Anyway... Mom said she had the tooth fairy covered. I assumed he was going to get a few dollars. When I saw Mom the next afternoon, I asked her how much dough William got.

$20.

I stared in amazement. Her reply to my dropped jaw was ..."Well, he asked for it."

Since when did the tooth fairy become negotiable? I mean heck I didn't know a child could name his price. I would have...instead of the 50 cents I got for each of mine...think of the money I could have had... and the sea monkeys I could have own!! My own kingdom.

So people... follow William's example... name your price... you just may get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home