A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Audio CD Books

Joined a rental club and I've been listening to them just about every night except for last night--I listened to Devils & Dust By Bruce Springsteen--his latest. My rating is ****

I've listened these so far:

1) The Mist--in 3-D by Stephen King --- ****
2) Nights without Armour by Jewel--***
3) Servant of the Bones by Anne Rice--*****
4) From a Buick 9 by Stephen King--*****

This week I've been listening to Blood and Smoke read by Stephen King and it's really spooky. The first story is called Lunch at the Gotham Cafe. EEEE.....EEEEEE.....EEEEEEEEE.... if you've read the story, you know what I'm talking about. The second story is called 1408. About a room that is haunted or rather has something frightening living in it. The # of the room =13. I"m at the part where the author(he's doing a series on haunted hotels) is at the door of the room. I'm too afraid to listen at night. I haven't gotten to the last story yet--In the Deathroom but I did read the story once. If you've read Everything's Eventual --one of King's short story collections, then you've read these stories. Stephen King lends a spookiness to the reading.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    I read King's "Everything's Eventual", and of course, loved it... so I know where you're comin' from.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home