A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

save Toby?

www.savetoby.com


My friend John IMed me the link. We had a long conversation about it.
Personally I won't be giving bucks to save the fuzzy bunny.
You got to hand it to the guy... a brilliant money scheme.

I had a roommate after college who was a Catholic.
They had dinners on Thursdays and once a month it was rabbit stew night.
She would bring left-overs home and on many occasions I watched her savor the flavor.
But I never tried any. I had to laugh at her once because when she found out I grew up on a farm, she gave me the rabbit stew recipe. She said I understood that sometimes you had to eat your pet.

I died laughing. We never ate our pets. We grew tobacco, corn, soybeans...and yes we had cows and hogs. But I never made pets out of them. Cats and dogs were our pets.

Though in through the nineties, my sister had a pet rabbit named Sammy. He was house-broken and a lot of fun to have around.

Still... its only an animal. Maybe I should send him that recipe.