A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Sea

Winter's breath chills the nape of my neck,
as I struggle to fight the February cold.
I yearn for the sea, the warmth of summer's tears...
to feel white sand clinging to my toes,
like children to their mothers' aprons.
I want to dance along the surf's edge,
wrapped in sea foam and salt.
If I can somehow gather my strength,
this dismal month will evaporate
under the will of my Scorpio soul.
I am of water by nature--tears, sweat
and emotional outbursts of desire and passion.
The songs of sirens live within me,
luring men to me like moths to flame.
Yet in the cold of February, I cannot sing.
I can only shiver in the frost of night
and yearn for the sea's shimmer,
the sunlight of Scorpio dreams.

~~~~
what's ironic is that today...its in the upper 60's and mild...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home