A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

"Does anybody Really know what Time it is?"

....humming... "Does anybody really Care?"

ten points if you know the artist who sings this!

Work's been hectic of late. The only reason I'm blogging is because I ran out of supplies for the printer. They're due in at noon tomorrow. So I thought I would take a moment to write.

The magazine issue is up and so far I've gotten good reviews from people who take the time to email me. My friend Jeff wrote that even if it's late, it's always worth the wait. That made me feel better about not having it up sooner.

William's little poem seems to be popular. He's my special buddy. I love him and Ben so much that at times I am overwhelmed. I can't imagine life without them. I hope that I am always priviledged by having them in my life as close as we are now.

William cracked me up Friday night, he wanted to stay up late and play. I told him that if he went to sleep I would meet him in his dreams and we would play baseball. He said, "No...in our dreams let's look at the Number 5 and then shave the hair off of some clowns' backs."

I said, "Shave the hair off of some clowns' backs???"

He said, "Ok, just one clown." lol

Where he got that from...I have no idea!

I don't know why I thought Granny's birthday was last Sunday. It's the 19...this coming Sunday. My Uncle and his family are going too. Mom wants to cook a lot of food and take it. I say let everyone take something. I know Mom...she'll put it all on me and I don't want to spend Sat night and early Sunday morning doing all the cooking. Granny will be surprised and I plan to take a lot of pictures.

Went to Al's this weekend. We watched th ACC tourney. He was very upset that a 'Yankee' team (Boston college) beat UNC. And on Sunday's game ..Duke Vs Boston, he pulled for Duke ONLY because he didn't want a "Yankee" team to win the ACC championship. I laughed. Talk about Southern prejudice! So the Big Dance begins tonight and I guess I'll keep up with it, because I know he'll want to discuss the games he's watching.

We caught a great show on the Discovery channel Sunday night--it was about Blackbeard. I guess we're both a bit obsessed about him, since he had a home in Bath and raided the Outerbank's water's during the early 1700's. The guy who played Mark Anthony on the HBO series Rome, played Blackbeard. He did a great job. I can't think of his name... and I'm too lazy to look it up. So go fish ....

I found a new fishing pole kit that I want to get. My plan is to fish this summer. Mainly at the beach...and in the surf. I don't care much for pier fishing. I believe aliens live there.

Seem to have run out of juice... time to get back to working on restorations...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Bob said…

    Oh, oh, oh, Mistair Kotter!!! I know the artist... Chicago, right? :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home