A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Desperation



I caught the Stephen King movie last night... I doubt it drew people away from American Idol. It was very predictable and disappointing. I truly believe his strength is in the Short Story...but dont' get me wrong...he does tell a good tale, but in my opinion his best work was during his 'hungry' stage--by that I mean during his beginning years. Stories like "IT" and "The Stand"..."Carrie" and "'Salom's Lot" ...just to name a few.

Desperation is one of the few novels, I didn't finish. Finding that girl dead on the doorsteps of the Police sation, really bothered me. As I watched the movie, I realized I probably should have kept reading. That it might have gotten better...but know what? I dont' think so.

My hope for this summer is that the short story collection "Nightmares and Dreamscapes" that TNT is putting together will be much better...if not...they'll ruin a great set of short stories.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    I was scanning channels for something to watch and saw Desperation was on... so it was a nice surprise to me, and I liked it a lot... major body count in that one tho, very spooky too... I was glad it wasn't watered down to much for the prime time network channels... I read the book years back, but forgot most of the tale, so last night was a good refresher.

     
  • At 3:36 AM, Blogger Um Naief said…

    did see this... sorta wish i had. i like Stephen King but haven't read any of his stuff for years. the last few times i tried getting into one of his books, i couldn't.

    have you ever read Gerald's Game? i loved Cujo... and i have a book that has many short stories of his in it.. it's not bad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home