A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

David Blaine





He failed...so what?

Just to recap...he spent a week in a human aquarium and tried to break the record for holding a breath underwater..the record was 8.58 minutes. David attempted to do it, while being chained and handcuffed at 8 different points on his body.

I missed the show but have watched the videos.

He failed to break the record and I'm sure after all that hardship he faced with health issues and training by the Navy SEALS, that he was very disappointed.

I think he's a winner, because he challenged himself. Yea, maybe doing a show is a bit much but, according to what I've read, a lot of NYC stopped by and for a while, their minds were taken off our shitty president, high gas prices and the war...while watching a 'freak' do his thing.

Yes, he's a publicity whore, but so are TomKat (Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes), Paris Hilton...to name a few.

I know I could never do what he's attempted. Yes I challenge myself daily, but my challenges aren't life-threatening and I don't have a 'death wish.' But I admire people who are crazy enough to go for whatever they want, even if it means death.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Um Naief said…

    you know, i like the guy. i've seen some shows where he's doing magic, and he scares me! his levitating thing is quite remarkable and the way he turns his arm all the way around w/ his hand on the floor (guess you had to see it), and some of his tricks where he burns or ashes the names of ppl on his arms (really freaky)... it's all just really crazy stuff. i've liked him for a long time, even tho he does these things for attention, i think like you... gotta owe it to him.

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Sherrie said…

    I think he's HOT... lol
    I would do him! Often.

    Sorry... my hormones are in an uproar.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Um Naief said…

    he looks like my hubby!!!! uh huh... it's true... it's true :)

    and the hubby is hot! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home