A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Friday, April 30, 2004

The last day of April

I'm in a spiritual realm tonight. The mood has been brought on by many things today. But mainly, the mood is here because lately I've been digging deep inside myself. At 41, I am finally at peace with who I am. There is a calmness inside me that hasn't been there before. A willingness to take life and actually stop and look at what's around me, savoring whatever haiku moments are there.

Whether it's Ben's little wrinkled raisin toes after his bath or the perfect shade of carmine that one of my roses radiated today.

I've finally learned that I can rely on myself and if my goals are set properly, I'll reach them. If I exhale negativity, my whole outlook on life will be better for it. So I exhale and I keep living.

I don't know what my tomorrow looks like. I'm too busy looking at now and imprinting it on my soul. Life is good. I am living. I am alive and I know love.

How many of you can say that? If you can't...then you need to do your own soul searching, my friend.