A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Hurricanes

We were lucky this time.. NC.. that is. Florida wasn't very lucky at all.
I think all my Florida friends are safe. And I'm thankful for that.
 
Charley landed in NC about 60 miles from me, right on top of my Grandmother who lives on the intracostal waterway of Holden Beach. Supply is the main town. She's without power now, due to winds toppling pines across the road from her. But she's safe and sound. So am I... mainly winds and rain. I had one tree limb to fall.
 
In fact, its rained all day today--more than it did yesterday! Isn't that weird...
 
I didn't do much... watched TV, took a nap and did some writing. Talked to a few friends.
Came online to write and suddenly I'm sleepy again. Must be the laziness... I'm still in my jammies!!!
 
But I'm safe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home