A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Today

Boy what a day!
 
I've actually gotten a lot of work done, despite chatting with Sara for a while and emailing back and forth with Marilyn and an old friend from my college days.
 
My local bestfriend Mary called and we yakked and gossiped for a long time.
All the while I worked and worked!
 
The photo I'm restoring is an old polaroid that is peeling away. I've got 99% of it finished.
My next few projects aren't going to be as much fun, all are in horrid shape--simply horrid.  A word of advice---don't peel photos that are stuck to the glass off the glass--its possible for photographers who know what they're doing to copy the photo through the glass!!!
 
Then... an hour ago.. my half-sister Elizabeth calls!!!!! I've only met her once back in 1998. A long story that I may write one day soon. Anyway, she had received a letter from Dad that was depressing and she is trying to plan a visit for this weekend. She's in Greensboro. I'm to call her tonight and see what I can figure out. Its awkard--talking to her. She thinks we've always been around Dad but we haven't. He tends to add gloss to his role in our life when we were growing up. I know Elizabeth has issues with him...hell, we all do, but I've managed to put mine aside.  I have a feeling an interesting and emotional phone call is awaiting tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home