A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Friday, November 05, 2004

I Miss the Sea

I miss the sea,
the rolling sand at the surf's mercy.
Blue skies so pale reflecting lights
in the blues of my eyes..
I could touch it...
the sky a veil I wore
as the sun burned my eyes.
Salt mingled with the scent of sandalwood.
The taste of tears on my lips...
the sea weeps eternally, did you know that?
In its depth, my soul lives
never resting, a continuous tide
that touches many yet, few notice.
I am salt born of the earth,
yet stolen by the sea.
My mission is unclear,
as the dark murky tides
that creep to shore at night.
I toil and boil against rock,
its resistance steadfast.
But even rock feels the burn
of my salty touch, my kiss of tears.
I miss the sea, the salt on my lashes.
Soon I will return to claim myself again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I love the sea. As a water sign, it calls me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home