A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Some Believe

Some believe heaven exists for fools,
believers of love eternal.
Ecstatic fevers sweep their minds,
making them see visions of rapture and glory.

It’s a simple belief that the cynical bash
so they can feel better about their closed hearts.
When one is bitter about love,
how can one seek the fruits of heaven?

I see you clothed by the crescent moon,
a sculptured man of shadows and angles,
casting velvet-like caresses across my breasts.
We fight the cynical demons lurking within.

You fill me with your sharp shadows,
as I meld around you, a misty cloud.
The sky is a deep blue with dotted diamonds.
As we move, swinging on stars so does the earth.

In the foundations of lust, sweat and kisses,
we let our demons merge, a primal entity
that somehow finds a way to create
our own heavenly rapture within cynical hearts.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I tend to be very cynical. But I know that at times, with the right person...heaven can appear...briefly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home