A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Friday, November 26, 2004

Yesterday was a fun day. Though it was very windy and I was out in it almost all day.
William and I played for a few hours, yesterday morning. We pretended the wind was blowing us away. I went inside and got an old bedsheet and we 'sailed' it. I sent him inside after a few hours. The wild thing about the wind was how warm it was at first...and as the day proceeded the wind got chillier.

Mom's John came over at around noon. I was assigned to help him with turkey fryer. So we were in the wind for another 3 hours. And it got colder and colder. William kept coming outside to hug me. I think he wanted me to go inside and play but I knew John would need me to help him with the cooking. By 3, I was worn out for the wind beating my head.

Grandmother, Lisa and the boys, her husband and his son, my brother, Mom, her John and me were the only ones eating. My great-uncle didn't feel like coming over.

We ate at 3:30 and man it was sooo good. Everyone was gone by 5. I was a happy girl, to finally get some quiet time.

Mom and Granny stayed with me last night. We watched "Cheaper by the Dozen" and laughed. At around, 7:30 I decided I needed to free a slice of pumpkin pie. I jokingly told mom the whole pie was mine. She said she didn't recall putting my name on it. So... I get a toothpick and carve my name across it, which cracked Grandmother up. She said, "Where does Sherrie get her humor from?"

My brother piped up from his room, "K-mart."

yea... it was a good day. The Christmas Tree's in a corner of the Kitchen. Its one of those that has the lights already on it, but I don't have it decorated which is driving the youngest nephew nuts. Ben keeps running up to me and saying "Star... Sher-die... get a star." He means he wants a star on the top of it. I told him I was the star. Can you believe he disagreed?????

This morning as I was opening the blinds in the kitchen I saw that Ben had added some 'ornaments' to the tree... two whistles on ropes. They're hanging off the lower branches. Now I don't have to decorate it.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    I'm happy you and your family had such a wonderful day, full of love and your special style of humor... I love the part at the end too, with the Christmas tree... *hugs*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home