A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Monday, November 22, 2004

arm and leg

A lady brought a photo for me to repair. It's her son's prom photo. Was stuck to the glass and she tore it off. I wanted to thump her head because that's a no-no...any good photographer can photograph the picture through the glass... if you tear it off, guess what happens? The parts that are stuck to the glass stay with the glass. You end up with gaping holes.

Naturally she threw the glass away. If she had of kept it, I could have put the picture back with it and copied all of it. But what could I do...nothing...

When she tore the picture off the glass, part his arm and leg tore off too. It really isn't hard to fix. But when she asked how much it would cost I couldn't help but say, "An arm and a leg."
So many come in and tell me that they have pictures that need repairing but don't want to pay an arm and a leg...and now here was one before me... that needed to pay 'an arm and a leg' so to speak... and the beauty of the moment was that my joke went right over her head.

Ah... another witty moment lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home