A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

December Arrives

with jingle bells and candy canes--sugar and spice and all that's nice. Did I add enough 'ands' in there?

Good news-bad news.

Good news is.. I'm finally feeling better today. No fever and my sinuses don't ache. I can bend over without my face feeling as if its going to crack into a million spidery pieces. Though I am tired and groggy. But still.. I'm here and working. Dad's screwed up a major order I have to re-restore. But that's how it is this time of year. And my PC froze on me and I lost 3 files that were ready to print. Somehow I've kept calm. Maybe its the dope I'm on. Or maybe its because its Dec and I can't stop the year from running out of time.

Bad news is...I didn't finish typing up my novel before deadline. To be honest, I knew yesterday morning I couldn't do it. I had spent Fri-Mon, typing while sick. Not a good thing. I happened to glance over what I had typed up and saw gross errors. My word count was a little over 36, 000 I think. With a fever blazing and a head aching, I knew I couldn't type fast enough to finish. Oh I could have tried hard to do it, but then I might not have been able to get out of bed today. So I sacrificed a goal--a challenge I had set for myself for my health. At first I said it was maturity that made the decision, but Jo pointed out that it was self-preservation. And she's right--it was.

So I didn't make the challenge. I did it last year. I could have done it this year, probably if I hadn't of written such an intricate plot. Last year's story was in my heart. It wrote itself. This year's is in my head, twisting and turning. In fact, this morning I thought of a twist to add to the story. Yes... I plan to continue posting it. I'm not going to type another line until I get what I've typed sorted into some order.

In case you're interested, I posted 2 more chapters.

http://www.thelamplighter.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home