A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Your new word for today is....

...blog.

My friend DJ JD asked if I knew that blog was one of the new words for 2004. Yes I did. I saw the headline on yahoo. While I ironed a tablecloth that refused to concede to the battle of the iron, I thought of how much I love blogging. How easy it is to expose my underbelly to the world of bloggers.

Living in a fish bowl doesn't really describe it. Its more like carrying a clear plastic handbag around. There you can see my crumpled kleenex, the tampon I mistake for a pen and can never find when I really need it, the business cards that are given to me in odd places that eventually get used to write notes on, the endless supply of flavored lipstick and my loose change... the list goes on.

There are times when I don't think about what I'm writing and how available it is to the world, due to being online. Like someone said once to me..."its hard to hide online." So it is...

I have to smile now, as I type this because behind every word is a real person, who lives and dreams just like you do. My everyday world doesn't see what's written here, the thoughts usually full of humor or the regrets and heartaches that have created the person I am... not many really know me, not like you do...those that take time to read the often silly meanderings of mine.

So here's a toast to blogging and to the ability to express myself in ways I never dreamt I would years ago...

cheers...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home