A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Friday, February 18, 2005

Feeling Better and Confirming Stereotypes

I think I'm over the worse of my illness now. Still congested but I'm more functionable than yesterday. My plans are to take it easy this weekend. Rest, drink tea and probably catnap.

I think I confirmed a stereotype about women and clothes today. Yearly, I have the house tested for termites. The guys came by this morning to check the house.When they first arrived, I was in my robe, so I quickly tossed on some jeans and a sweatshirt and answered the door bell. They said they would be back with the paperwork once they were done. I noticed their discreet once-over.

Since it was getting late, I changed into a thin sweater to wear to work---it felt cool out but not cold. Then they knocked on the backdoor to ask me a question. I stepped outside and man, the wind almost knocked me over. I noticed their once-over again. I knew I would be cold in the thin sweater, so I changed into a thicker sweater with a turtleneck under it.

When they were done, they rang the door bell again. I stepped out. Before they said anything, they looked at me and then at each other. lol... I waited until they were out of the driveway and down the road before I took off the choking turtleneck.

I think I should get credit for keeping on the same jeans and shoes.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    Lol, too funny... but I'm glad to hear you're feeling better... like you said, it sucks to be sick... got your book in the mail today too, it's looks so beautiful! I'm really proud of you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home