A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Monday, July 11, 2005

Another Monday

Monday's come and go.

My work load has been unusually heavy. A good thing. I've had a bunch of referrals, which is a great compliment to my work. Today I'm trying to mold an image out of a crayon-covered picture. Kids! They get mad at you and draw all over your picture.

Dad's driving me crazy with his smoking. Ashes every freaking where. He used to go outside and smoke but not anymore. Now he chain smokes the whole time he's here. I use disinfectant spray and run a fan, but its no use. I still get the second hand smoke. What gets me is that he knows my sinuses can't take it. But he has no respect for my requests. Instead he'll get with other smokers and talk about how they're 2nd rate citizens and that they're persecuted for smoking.

Dad knows its not good for him. He has heart trouble and isn't suppose to smoke. Yet he won't quit. He says he can't, because he's been smoking since he was 10. Well, my great-aunt who is 70, stopped smoking cold turkey style--she's been smoking longer.

Maybe I'm selfish but I want him around as long as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home