A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, November 17, 2005

The 2:01 News Update

(previously recorded)


First of all... I can't get this song out of my head:

"Augustus Gloop! Augustus Gloop!
The great big greedy nincompoop!
How long could we allow this beast
To gorge and guzzle, feed and feast"

And secondly, I'm having oompa loompa related fantasies... all I can say is "Hey Doc, give me some more of that dope you shot into my hip yesterday."

I ended up at the doctor yesterday afternoon, when my headache got worse and I started to feel chills coming on. I had a fever... a low grade one but still a fever and my white cell count was over the top, alarming my doctor. It's sort of funny but before I went I told my best-friend Mary who had called to encourage me to go, that he wouldn't know what was wrong and proclaim it a viral respiratory infection--give me a shot and prescribe a bunch of drugs.

And so I was right. He added that I should stay home a few days. Ha, like that's going to happen. I did leave early and had the hardest time getting home because I felt like I would faint at any moment. My head killed from all the poking and probing. But I was in bed by 6:30 and slept a long time. This morning I felt weak and wobbly but came in anyway. I missed a UPS delivery and Dad fussed me out about it. He's sooooo into his own little world. I reminded him that I was supposed to be home in bed on doctor's orders and that he should be thankful that I crawled to work.

He's gone now on some goofy errand. Though I have to handle the phone and customers who are popping by, I don't mind it. It's actually less stressful when he's not here. Today is printing day and that's what I'm doing while sipping coffee. The medicine is working some. My head is better ..I can think straight and I don't have a fever. But I know I shouldn't over do it. So I'll leave early today. And try to sleep as much as I can. Dream of oompa loompas and that thing they do with their tongues lol...

I just realized...if I'm thinking of sex, then I must be mending.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Sherrie said…

    Hey John G

    Gee John, you have a happy place you go to? I bet Carrot Tops there too.

    Actually, I don't have the urge to peck at the ground for worms or feel like flying away, so I think I don't have the bird flu.

    Feeling better and thinking of sex are one thing...feeling better and doing sex is another.

    As for the BK King...I had a bit of sweet revenge the other day. I did a survey about fast food and was given the chance to send comments to Burger King. I asked them to get rid of the BK King because he creeps me out and I wonder if he's got an oven in his ass, because that seems to be where he pulls the sandwiches from.... we'll see if they listen to me.

    :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home