A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Another song from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory..

"Veruca Salt, the little brute,
Has just gone down the garbage chute,
(And as we very rightly thought
That in a case like this we ought
To see the thing completely through,
We've polished off her parents, too.)

Let's see... I think I've got one more song to get out of my noggin...the Mike Teevee song...and I should be back to normal.

Yesterday was fairly hectic...and rainy. The rain had a chill that went down to my blood vessels. It sucked. I also got some more meds from my doctor... hmmmm...medicine... hmmm drugs... I feel better today...running at 90%...

Anyway, a guy called yesterday asking if we could copy a photo for him. He had taken it to an office supply store and they used a regular copy machine.
He asked me "Are you a professional?"
I say yes..then he asked, "Do you use a xerox machine to copy photographs?"
I said, "no we're professional. Sir, you can't expect much if you go to a shoe shop for foot surgery."
He said, "You must think I'm stupid." Actually, I didn't think of him at all. But he said he was bringing the photo over and wanted a copy by this morning. After he hung up, I thought..he seems familiar.

When he came in a few hours later... I recognized him. I went out with him on 1 and a half date in spring of 2001. He worked in a security related job. We had an ok first date..though all he talked about was his ex-wife's Barbie collection and how he lost it in the division of property after his divorce. He thought he should get the Barbies because he bought them and they was worth a lot of money...he asked me out for a second date and I said yes... figured I should give him one more chance to talk about something other than Barbies...

He did... ME. We had just ordered our drinks and were browsing the menus when he said, "You should watch your speed. And your license expires this year." I put my menu down and stared at him. How did he know these things? SO I asked him "How do you know these things?"

"I did a criminal search on our computer at work."

"A search? On me?" I was shocked. I'm a good girl, excluding the episode with the ECU Rugby team in 85, I've never gotten into much trouble. Sure I got a speed ticket once. But over all I wasn't a bad seed.

His excuse was "I have a right as an American to know everything about you and to use whatever means I can to find it out. Public records, private detectives.."

I argued "What about my right to privacy?"

"You have none."

I shut the menu and left without a word. Never heard from him until yesterday. He came in a while ago and picked up his order. I don't think he recognized me.

Hope he never finds out about the episode with the male exotic dancers, duct tape, strawberry flavored whipped cream and ...the...edible underwear.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Peanut Road said…

    I'm too lazy to go beyond googling someone's name for info. Besides, it's more fun to do the research in person!

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Sherrie said…

    Steve...I'm lazy too.
    I know this...I would never assume it was my right to know everything about someone.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Sherrie said…

    heyyyy John G...the cattle prod file was alledgedly sealed in 1987. How did you get a copy of it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home