A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Thirstday

...so I'm having a drink of water and a smile.


Today is Thursday but it feels like Friday.

Since Mom's been at my house on 'off' days, my week has been turned upside down. Her fiance, John had hip replacement surgery last week and has been in a rehab center in Fayetteville. He's due back home tomorrow. Mom will stay with him then.

I've got to work Saturday, so there goes a trip to the beach. A friend of mine asked if I wanted to go to Wilmington. The down-side is that she's leaving Friday afternoon late and staying until Monday afternoon. Sorry but I don't want to be there that long. I need my quiet time on Sunday. I'm used to having a quiet afternoon then.

Let's see...what's up with me...

I'm reading Stephen King's book On Writing. Excellent read. I recommend it to all writers. I think that man can take any topic and make it entertaining.

My poetry book's edited and ready to slip back to the publisher. Someone asked me why PA? Why go with a print-on-demand company? Why? Well for one thing, its easy to do. And it puts my favorite poems in a book, one that family and friends can enjoy. One that I can show off. And another reason is that having a published book might make it easier to get a better publishing deal, if I decide to pursue it. I look at it as adding a knotch on my resume.
(Grin)


I watched the final Lord of The Rings Movie--Return of the King last night. Greatness! Complete perfection! I've ordered the books from half.com and they're on the way here. I had a complete set but gave them to Allen. He read them over and over during the 4 years we were together.

The Captain's Verses by Pablo Neruda came today. I can't wait to take a long drink of his poems. It is Thirstday and if anyone can quench a thirst, it is Pablo Neruda.

:)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home