A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Monday, May 24, 2004

Tired Girl



The reunion was fun. Everything went smoothly and...
Mom and I are in charge of it again next year. No one would volunteer to take over for next year.

I don't mind, in a way. I've got the addresses and the forms saved to a file in my PC at home.

This year, Granny and I didn't drive over to the old cemetery to check on the graves there. Several of her newborn babies are buried there, along with my Grandfather. It's a small cemetery on a little hill.

I'm very tired today. As usual, I was elected to take all the kids outside for a game of dodge ball. I was the one who was tossing the beach ball at them. William and one of the other boys, Eric I think, wanted to go into the wooded area. But I told them it had snakes, spiders and tigers in it. That kept them away but... it scared Ben and little Avery, a boy that ironically is in Ben's class. While William and Eric played tag, the little ones and I stood before the wooded area and shouted, "We aren't afraid of tigers." Then we would growl.

It was really hot out, even in the shaded area we were playing in. I wore sandals with 2 inch inches... not good for playing in. Today my feet are sore. And I feel washed out. I probably got too hot.

A part of me whispers that I'm tired from the aftermath of being stressed out all month. That could be true. I think I need a good 9 hours of solid sleep.

An interesting side note--outside the church in two different areas were dragonflies. One group was at the side entrance. They were blue and swarming around. Ben and I counted 10. Then at a tree close to the highway was a huge swarm of green dragonflies. We couldn't count them all. I'm assuming it's mating season. I've never seen so many in one place. I took some pictures. I'll have to make a photo album on my website.

I have a few other things to write about if I don't forget. I'll try to get to them by tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home