A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Days of Wine and Roses


Days of wine and roses were swept away in moonlight.
Every scent of our passion sailed on the night breeze,
until the air was alive with the smell of love and us.
My Moonstone man, strong but fragile, you loved night,
the dark skies lived in your eyes.
I was made of sunlight, you once said smiling.
You pampered me with riches from the earth.
Wine stained my lips and rose petals danced in my tresses.
With spun sun gold fingers, I traced your lips,
memorizing their folds, their creases and the smile hiding there.
Days of wine and roses can't last forever, so we were told.
But we lived them longer than the Gods ever dreamed
and even as night claimed us, we burned a constellation
that the heavens can't ignore.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home