A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Saturday, July 03, 2004

Long Hot July Weekend

...full of relatives dropping by.
 
I've been busy the last day or so, trying to get ahead so I can take Monday off and BBQ with the family.
 
But I don't wanna! I've got some new poetry books that I want to read--The Best of Rumi, 9 Horses by Billy Collins, Mermaids Explained by Christopher Reid (UK poet) and a book about articles, essays and poetry by Charles Simic.  Plus I've gotten in a few new DVD's.
 
I wonder if I could hide in my room and no one find me. Nawww...wouldn't work--the nephews seem to know my hiding places.
 
I guess I'm stuck with the BBQ, but at least I have Sat eve and Sunday to read.
 
We've got spotty weather again. It was sprinkly this morning. My hand is achy today. I haven't had this much trouble with it in a few years. Maybe I should go to a new doctor regarding it...someone mentioned acupunture. I'll have to do a search online to see how effective it is with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home