A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Storms

We've had storms here since Saturday. Yesterday was the worst. The lightning was so bad I was afraid to stand close to a window.

Naturally, my ISP has been flaky due to the rain. Today so far it's been okay but I've been too busy with work to post or reply in all the Ygroups.

I'm in a prose mood. And have been working offline of my novel. I want it to be the best it can be and won't settle til I'm 97% happy. (yea I'll never be 100%.. and 3% of negative thinking isn't bad)

Let's see.. what's been going on! Work's been busy. I've got a few orders due out this week. Dad's been photographing beauty queens. I swear their moms are gonna poison me with hair spray. My desk isn't far from the makeup table. I have a fan going and its not so bad until they go into the camera room. Between poses the mom sprays the hair and it rides the air current to my desk. No amount of sneezing and coughing can get them to put down that can. Where are the hairspray police when you need them? Hell, half these girls don't need all that makeup or goop on their faces.

JS(a guy whose been in my poetry groups forever) was on vacation and drove through Lumberton on his way north and also back home to Florida. He sent me an IM a while ago saying he thought of me when he drove through L'ton. I had to laugh because if you blink, you'll miss the town. We've been discussing the Harry Potter movie and I'm working on a draft of our combined thoughts and will post it once the debate is over.

I'm considering a mini vacation in August...Myrtle Beach sounds good. If the Outer Banks were closer I would go there. I love that area. When I lived in Greenville, we used to drive up that way often. I remember how in the 80's it wasn't very commercialized. The last time I was up that way was in 99 or 2001. It had changed so much. But the wild horses were still there around Duck and that's all that matters.

Well I've goofed off enough. Time to get home and see the Nephews. I think William is hanging with me tonight. We've got a Mario Kart race to run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home