A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Sunday, July 04, 2004

Happy 4th of July

Since my neighbors are spending the evening firing off rockets red glare and I can't relax enough to doze off (yes I'm aware its early--William's here tonight and he keeps waking up, calling for me.)
 
Tomorrow, its grilling day--my cousin from Gawja is up with his family. So we're having a big BBQ late afternoon. Fun fun fun...
 
Right at Dusk, my uncle set off some fireworks. He lives across the street--three houses over. William and I stood in the front yard and watched them. Then the neighbors behind me, set some off...so we ran back there, watched for a few mins..then my uncle would set some off...we would run back to the front of the house. He held my hand, so I wouldn't get lost. He wanted me to lift him up so he could touch the lights. I'm smiling now thinking of how confident he is--that I can lift him that high.
 
Ah... rain... that should put an end to the fireworks for now. Since its thundering, I'll head to bed. He'll have me up early tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home