A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

In the Crook of a Smile

He was a blue denim boy in a ripped t-shirt,

All blonde and burly with a crooked smiled,

Which held secrets that I aimed to expose.

We spent a summer together at the coast.

Bare feet and tanned skin, the sun loved us.

At night when the tide was high,

We grooved to the tunes of seduction,

The kind that was double-loaded with lust.

On a blanket under the pier, we sexed the sand.

I was on top, doing a belly dance move

That was illegal at the time.

With circle and a hip drop, I crowned him.

He reigned in climatic glory. Those were the days.

Looking back, I realize I never did expose

The secrets that lived in the crook of his smile.

Now, twenty years later, I look in the mirror

And see a few of my own secrets lurking in mine.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home