A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Poetry Styles R Me


I realized why I love poetry styles challenges--because when I master a poetry form, I feel that I am a true poet. The same goes with writing exercises. I get bored easily and find that a challenge awakens my muse. I was talking with Robert about this. He said that when he needs a challenge he thinks of a new subject to write a poem about. Ah... it is so nice to see the individuality of creative minds at work. I wonder what other poets do to inflame the desire of their muse. Hmmm a good question to post in the ygroups.

Now, yesterday day I found a new style--The Ethere poetry form. Below is a Double Standard Ethere that I wrote last night after thinking about an IM I received this weekend from an 'inflamed' would be cyber suitor who peeped into my photo album on my fairy profile and decided to write a haiku about my blue eyes. I ignored him...I'm sure he eventually found success with another cybersex fiend.

The poem is called "The Blues of My Eyes."

Winds
drifting
moving clouds
across the sky.
The blues of my eyes~
you say Heaven reigns there
in pale gold lights that sparkle,
revealing a smile that lingers.
You long to claim the smile in my eyes,
attempting to seduce me with sonnets.
Silly man, I write my own poetry,
fine-tuning verse with the heart of me
mastering words with discipline.
My eyes do not hold heaven
nor does gold sparkle there.
I claim no beauty,
but in my words.
The real me
is in
them.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home