A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Miracles do happen: Sherrie Parnell Gets Married.



Now that's a headline I doubt will ever happen!

Earlier while at the bakery getting my strong coffee, I saw Martha and Jerry. He kissed my hand and thanked me for not charging him for copying that picture of Robert and how great it looked.
I curtsied and said, "my pleasure."

Then he asked if I was married. I told him no. He said, "I'll dance at your wedding."

I fell over laughing. "If I ever get married the Headlines will read 'Miracles do Happen: Sherrie Parnell Gets Married.' They'll close up the town in celebration. Hey, even Super Walmart will close. Women will weep with joy because the main competition will be gone. Men will weep too because they're safe with me married."

I would have went on but I caught the looks of bewilderment on Jerry, Martha and Miss Gail's faces. So I stopped mid-thought.

Jerry spoke for them all. "You're the sweetest, kindest and funniest lady we know. Anyone who wins your heart well...they've won gold."

It's compliments like that, which humble me into being wordless.


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home