A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Monday, September 27, 2004

Naps...gotta love 'em

The boys are here tonight. Although I didn't feel like having them around. But... they did make me laugh and act goofy.

The other night...can't remember which one... Mom was here and so were the boys. William got mad at Mom for some reason... maybe because he had to get a bath or turn off the TV...anyway, he said, 'Nana I hope a monster gets you.'

I laughed my ass off. That's the worse thing he could think to wish upon her. I love it. How innocent and so charming his 'curse' was! When he heard me laughing, he yelled "I hope a monster pulls your ears off, Aunt Sherrie...and...and puts 'em in his pocket."

I didn't reply...just continued to laugh.

But tonight, I went to bed when they did at 8 and slept until 11. The wind woke me up. We're getting a little of the weather from Jeanne but not as bad as the western part of the state. So I woke up with a poem on my lips and wrote it out very quickly. Like I've said before, sometimes one shouldn't argue with their Muse...just go with the flow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home