A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

On Sale in the Bargain Bin

 
Russ the guy who owns the town's 'Christian Bookstore' was in here a few mins ago.
He used to be beside us and then across from us but moved closer to I-95 about a year or so ago. Anyway, he came to get the key for the building across the street (our landlord owns it too).  He had to get something out that he had forgotten was there.
 
Anyhow, when he brought the key back he said, "Sherrie I kinda of miss you coming into the store weekly and asking if we had any Christianity on sale. The stores around us don't have colorful personalites. You should stop by sometime and see us."
 
I said, "Why? You never have Chrisitanity on sale."
 
lol I had forgotten how I used to play jokes on them. Go into the store to get copies made and ask if Jesus can help me. Once I asked for Noah, because it was raining. lol... some of the clerks there laughed but not always. I learned Religion and Humor don't mix well if you're surrounded by Bible thumpers.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Peanut Road said…

    I've always wondered...since one can sell his soul to the devil, why can't he sell it to God? Do you think I could get Him to make an offer? Maybe get a bidding war started?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home