A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Monday, September 20, 2004

Old Men....

.........................went to the post office after driving my brother home at around 2 today. He had to work and got done early. Called and said he needed a ride home.

Anyway, I stopped at the Post Office to get the mail and also pick up a package waiting for the studio. They've remodeled the inside a bit--added a new automatic self-service stamp center. By the door is a poster that is motion activated and a voice spills info on the new system. I was walking behind an old Native American man when he set the voice off. He stopped short and turned around to look behind him.

"Are you talking to me?" He looked soooo puzzled.

Mind you my lips weren't moving and the voice was in front of him, not behind him. "Um, No sir. I'm not. Must be your conscience speaking to you."

In a state of confusion, he left the PO.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As I was driving back to work, I got behind a man driving a beat-up car with handicapped stickers everywhere. I think they were holding it together. He parked in the back parking lot where I park. I actually parked about 8 spaces from him. There are these curve bumpers that keep you from parking on the sidewalk, except he parked in the one that didn't have one of them. His front end covered the sidewalk. I had to step off into the gutter by the curve. He was getting out of the car (Another old Native American male) and said....

"Did I park too far up?"

Stepping back onto the sidewalk, I replied "Not if people aren't using the sidewalk."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home